Monday, August 15, 2016

Down in the dumps

I'm having a craptastic time! I'm not dealing very well with my inability to be who I want to be. It sucks. I saw a rheumatologist today. He thinks I may have chronic fatigue syndrome, but is sending me for more tests to rule things out first. It seems that I've tested negative on the lupus screening test, but positive on the lupus confirmation test. This is rare in lupus patients, hence all of the other tests he has requested. The goal is to eliminate sarcoidosis, lupus, Epstein Barr, etc before making a final diagnosis. So now I wait for my results, and another 3 months before I see him again. By that time it will be a year since I got very ill. It's hard to be thankful when your life belongs to your disease. I'm thankful for my husband and children. I fail them everyday, yet they carry on.

No comments:

Post a Comment